Search  |  Česky

History

Brief chronology

1946

university-level education in Olomouc re-established with the foundation of Palacký University, education of incoming teachers of natural science studies provided by the Institute of Natural Sciences at the Pedagogical Faculty

1953

Pedagogical Faculty of Palacký University transformed into an independent Training College, where a new Faculty of Science with the Institute of Geology and Geography was established

1958

Training College reunited with Palacký University, Faculty of Science becomes part of the university

1959

since May 1 the Institute of Geology and Geography is succeeded by two detached workplaces: Department of Geography and Department of Mineralogy and Geology

1960

publication of the 1st issue of Proceedings AUPO, series Geographica-Geologica (since 1996 independent series Geographica)

1966

Department of Geography starts to provide education at RNDr. (Rerum Naturalium Doctor) level in Theory of Teaching Geography

2001

detachment of Department of Geoinformatics

2003

study programme International Development Studies opened

2006

study programme Regional Geography opened


Last modified 05/01/07 | ↑ top

Site Map | CMS Made Simple